What health issue affects the most college students?
The most common health issues reported by college students in the U.S. include colds, the flu, stomach viruses, and orthopedic injuries such as a sprain or broken bone. However, around 9 percent of students reported having Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), and 6.5 percent reported having chronic pain.
What are issues that affect college students?
- Social anxiety, general anxiety, test anxiety, or panic attacks.
- Family expectations or problems.
- Depression, lack of energy or motivation, hopelessness, being overwhelmed, low self-esteem, homesickness, loneliness.
- Relationship difficulties (emotional and physical aspects of intimate relationships)
What are the top 3 mental health diagnoses on university campuses?
Below are some of the common mental illnesses seen on college campuses.
- Addiction and Substance Use Disorders.
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder(ADHD)
- Anxiety Disorders.
- Bipolar Disorder.
- Eating Disorders.
- Depression / Suicide.
- Sleeping Issues and Disorders.
What are the top 3 health issues that interfere with learning?
For a detailed review, please refer to the full report.
- UNCONTROLLED ASTHMA. Nationally, almost 1 in 10 children have asthma. …
- UNCORRECTED VISION PROBLEMS. …
- UNADDRESSED HEARING PROBLEMS. …
- DENTAL PAIN. …
- PERSISTENT HUNGER. …
- CERTAIN MENTAL HEALTH AND BEHAVIORAL PROBLEMS.
How does college affect health?
Long-term health effects of a college degree
People with higher levels of education tend to have improved brain development, less biological aging and better understanding and compliance with healthy behaviors, studies show. Furthermore, research shows that education is associated with a longer life.
What are the four major problems of students?
Poor grades/not studying or reading enough. Poor sleep habits. Skipping classes. Wasting time/procrastinating.
What are the common problems in education?
Issues Regarding the Educational System
- Quality of Education. First of which, is the quality of education. …
- Budget for Education. …
- Affordability of Education. …
- Drop-out Rate (Out-of-school youth) …
- Mismatch. …
- Brain Drain. …
- Social Divide. …
- Lack of Facilities and Teacher Shortage in Public Schools.
What issues do college students experience in their first year of college?
During this year students gain new experiences, new knowledge, and a new understanding of themselves. However, it is commonly known that the transition into college is often accompanied by many challenges, including, homesickness, depression, inability to fit in, and financial instability.