Can students in Google Classroom see other students?
Yes, if you post an announcement to just one student, only that student will see it in the Stream. The other students will have no clue it exists because they cannot see it.
Can students see their classmates in Google Classroom?
If they click on Students at the top of the page, they can see a list of their classmates. Assignments show up in the students’ stream looking like this: They can comment on the assignment, view all the files, and if they click open, they can submit their assignments.
Can you block students from seeing other students in Google Classroom?
Unfortunately this is not possible. You can assign only one student to an assignment and they won’t know they are the only one.
How do I hide students from each other in Google Classroom?
Hide an Assignment for a Student
- Click Classes on the top menu bar, and then click Assignments below the class name.
- Select the Assignment by student tab, and then select the student’s name.
- Click the arrow to the left of the assignment you want to hide, and then click Remove.
Can you hide classmates in Google Classroom?
One possible workaround is to create separate classrooms for different groups of students. If you would like to request a feature that keeps all students anonymous, please click the question mark in the lower left corner of the Classroom home screen. Then click “Report issue or request feature.”
How do you turn off people in Google Classroom?
Remove a student
- Go to classroom.google.com and click Sign In. Sign in with your Google Account. For example, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more.
- Click the class. People.
- Check the box next to the students you want to remove.
- At the top, click Actions. Remove.
- Click Remove to confirm.