Where do US college students go for spring break?
The 3 most common spring break destinations today are Panama City, Florida, South Padre Island, Texas, and Cancun, Mexico. Panama City hosts more than 370,000 students each year, while South Padre Island has around 150,000 student visitors and Cancun about 100,000.
Where in Florida can you stay away from spring breakers?
3 Ideas for an Alternative Spring Break in Florida
- Daytona Beach Alternative: Merritt Island and Cape Canaveral. If you’re thinking of hitting Daytona Beach around Spring Break time consider Merritt Island instead. …
- Panama City Beach Alternative: Destin. …
- Fort Lauderdale Alternative: Marco Island.
Where can I go in Florida to avoid spring break crowds?
7 Underrated Places to Visit in Florida If You Want to Avoid…
- South Walton. Boat House at Watercolor Inn and Resort, South Walton. …
- Jensen Beach. Conchy Joe’s, Jensen Beach; Corn Farmer/Flickr. …
- Sebring. Highlands Hammock State Park; Alan Schmierer/Flickr. …
- Dunedin. …
- Homosassa. …
- Amelia Island. …
- Manasota Key.
What is the most popular spring break destination in the US?
1. Orlando, Florida. Orlando tops Kayak’s list as the number one most popular spring break destination in America this year, probably because the city offers something for every kind of spring breaker.
What is the best place to go for spring break?
Best Spring Break Destinations
- Miami Beach.
- South Padre Island.
- Cabo San Lucas.
- Punta Cana.
- Playa del Carmen.
How do college students afford spring break?
The biggest spring break expenses are food and plane tickets
Hotel rooms or Airbnbs, shopping and alcohol or drugs were also big spending categories, with 42%, 34% and 22% using their loan money to cover those expenses, respectively.
Is Destin FL a spring break destination?
Destin is one of the best spring break destinations for families. When you book with Destin Getaways, you get access to our exclusive guest discounts at area attractions and restaurants.
Is Tampa a spring break destination?
Tampa Bay’s beaches, from Anna Maria Island to the sands of St. Pete, are the place to be for spring break. … Hot spots like Manatee Public Beach have been fairly calm, while others like St. Pete beach might get a little more crowded.
Is Destin warm enough for spring break?
Temps will probably be highs in the low 70’s to lows in the upper 50’s But you might also get 80s for highs. There can still be some cool evenings in March so watch the weather closely and plan accordingly.